nikolai posted this !!!
as you may already be aware, julian’s playing fyf with the voidz on august 23 (his birthday). since alyssa and i are both attending (and since we know a lot of people that want to attend can’t), we’re putting together a birthday present for him that’s gonna make him happy + hopefully allow some fans who have never met/seen him to share how much julian has affected their lives.
how are we going to achieve this?? through LETTERS !!!!!
back when i saw julian for the first time at the roxy, i didn’t know if i was going to be able to meet him or not, and i knew that if i somehow managed to do so it would be very brief. i had a lot to tell him, so to make up for it i wrote him a HUGE letter explaining how much he meant to me + how he essentially saved my life. i know he’s done the same for a LOT of other fans, and it really kills me that a lot of them haven’t had the opportunity to tell him how much he’s affected them. for this reason (and because something like this would hopefully make his birthday extra sweet), we’ve decided to put together this project!!
here’s what you do:
- write a letter to julian. it can be anything, from a short birthday message to really heavy emotional shit. please please PLEASE don’t include creepy sexual things, marriage proposals, fanfiction, etc. let’s just not go there, ok?
- it can be as short or long as you like, though we’d prefer it if it didn’t span longer than 3 pages :)
- type it up and email it to email@example.com. we’ll print out each letter and individually place them in an envelope. when august rolls around, we’ll tie the whole stack together with a ribbon and give it to rich priest before julian’s set. i think this will really make his birthday special, AND it’ll give the fans who haven’t met him (or who have, but didn’t get the chance to tell him much) the opportunity to spill their guts to him and show how much he means to them.
- OPTIONAL: if you can, include the city/state/country that you’re writing from in the body text of the email you send us. i think it’d be cool to write that on the front of the envelopes, so he can see how varied and spread out his fans are.
remember to email to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE REBLOG AND SPREAD THE WORD !! THANK YOU !!!!
UPDATE: if you could attach your letters as word documents, that would be great!! it’s not necessary, but it makes the whole printing process much quicker and more efficient. google docs works as well. thank you !!!
2 DAYS PPL !!! U HAVE 2 DAYS TO SEND IN UR LETTERS !!!!!
Julian Casablancas smile appreciation post!
Ok.. the first one is my absolute favorite! That smile. … omg.
- 'Walk On The Wild Side' (Lou Reed Cover)
Live in Toronto, Canada 2006
The Strokes covering ‘Walk On The Wild Side’ by the legendary Lou Reed
His face! omg! so cute.
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
OMG THAT HAIR LOOKS REALLY WEIRD